Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: You Can't Just Read One

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because they are fond of lists.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lately, I have sucked at keeping up with memes. Now that I'm getting back into blogging on a regular basis, I figured what would be better to start with than a top ten Tuesday. This week's top ten Tuesday is authors that I have only read one book from, but need/want to read more. These are in no particular order. The covers that I am posting are the book I have read by that author.

1. Melody Anne
I read my first Melody Anne book earlier this week, and it was wonderful. I really liked how she put a different twist on the billionaire genre. She has a huge backlist, so it's going to take me quite a while to catch up.

2. Jessica Park
I read Left Drowning earlier in the month. I've had it ever since it released, and I am kicking myself for not reading it sooner. It was so good. I had heard all of the hype, but I didn't believe it. Now, I wish I would have listened to everyone.

3. Sloan Johnson
I had never heard of Sloan Johnson before. I read her book Truth or Dare for a challenge in a Facebook group that I am in because it was free on Kindle Unlimited. I am so glad that I did. The book was able to evoke so many emotions in me, even though it was so short.

4. Sarah Ann Walker
I am saddened that Sarah Ann Walker is not a more well known author. I read her book My Dear Stranger. For the first part, it was okay. Then the twist came, and BAM! I was hooked. Holy crap, she can write a great suspenseful book. I was blindsided by what happened. Probably one of the most elaborate, well thought out plots I've seen in years.

5. Z.B. Heller
Alright, this one might be cheating because her second book isn't out yet. However, I loved The Chronicles of Moxie so much that the second that the sequel goes live, I'm going to read it. No interruptions through out the day. Hell, I might even put a do not disturb sign up so my neighbours leave me alone. I'm sure if it's even close to as funny a the first, I will love it.

6. Anthea Sharp
On a whim, I picked up Feyland: The First Adventure when it was free. I didn't even read what it was about. The cover had me hooked. After reading it, all I can say is holy crap. As a gamer, being transported into a fantasy video game would be one of my greatest fantasies. I can't wait to continue the series.

7. Merrie Haskell
Last year, I read Handbook for Dragon Slayers. I loved the middle grade fantasy world that Merrie Haskell created. It was so in depth. Adults can enjoy it as well. I think she has another middle grade fantasy book coming out soon, if it hasn't been released already. I can't wait to dive into it.

8. Erika Robuck
Back in 2012, I read Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck. Erika made me fall head over heels in love with Ernest Hemingway. She wrote him in such a charming, swoon worthy way. I have other books by her. I just haven't had a chance to read them yet, but I hope to start them soon. If she writes all of her historical fiction novels as well as Hemingway's Girl, they will definitely be a treat.

9. Anne Elisabeth Stengl
I read Heartless several years ago, when I first got into blogging. I never liked reading Christian fiction until I read Heartless. It just blew my mind that I could find so much joy in reading a Christian fantasy book. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to pick up the rest of the series, but I look forward to doing so.

10. Brian Knight
I recently read The Conjuring Glass. It filled that void in my life that has been there ever since Harry Potter ended. It similar to Harry Potter, with three female main characters instead of two boys and a female. I am dying to get the next book in the series and continue it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, that was a heck of a lot harder than I thought it would be. So, do you agree with my top ten list? If you have a top ten list of your own, please link it in the comments so I can check it out. I would love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have Flat-Out Love on my Kindle. I'm hoping to start it this week. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog post.

      Delete