Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Bookish Resolutions


2015 seemed to go by quickly. I can't believe it's 2016 already. 2015 was a great reading year for me. I read a lot of wonderful books, and some books that weren't so wonderful as well. I hope 2016 is a great reading year for me as well. To make that happen, I have created some bookish resolutions that I am going to try to stick to throughout the year.

1. Write at least two posts per week on the blog.
One thing that disappointed me a lot in 2015 is that I really started slacking on blog stuff. I barely wrote one post per month, which is kind of embarrassing and shameful. This year, I hope to write at least two posts a week. Out of those two posts, I want one to be a book review, and one to be a bookish feature.

2. Read more review books.
In 2015, I read 194 books, which isn't too bad with everything I had going on in the year. However, out of those, only 34 were review books, which makes me feel like a slacker compared to how many books I have on my bookshelf, and on my Kindle that need reviewed. This year, I hope to have the majority of the books that I read be review books.

3. Read at least 100 books for my Goodreads challenge.
I know, 100 books doesn't sound like a lot to some people. However, I'm going to be starting college full time, and going most of the year. Last year, when I completed my first semester, I started stressing myself out because I couldn't keep up with college and my 200 book reading challenge. I really don't want to go through that stress again this year, so I set a goal that is light, and definitely obtainable.

4. Not buy as many books.
Typically, between Kindle books, and physical books, I usually buy close to 200 books a year. I know, that sounds crazy, but I love going to library book sales throughout the year and buying as many books as I want because it's so cheap. Also, I get a lot of free Kindle books. However, I'm realizing that even though I love buying all of those books, I'm never going to be able to read all of them if I keep up at that pace. So, I want to buy the least amount of books possible that I can. This means avoiding library book sales for the most part.

5. I want to finish some series.
I have so many series that I have started and never finished that I have lost count. I'm hoping to go through my Goodreads list, and finish some of those in 2016. There are a few heftier series that immediately come to mind, such as A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan.


These are just a few of my bookish resolutions, but they are the most important to me. I'm curious, do you have any bookish resolutions? If so, what are they? Please leave a comment and let me know. I hope everyone has a great new year, and is able to read a lot of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment